Forget about Ground Control Points and Surveying Troops!
- absolute accuracy: better than 3 cm
- no GCPs
- Integrated System: GNSS-Technology, methodology and software
- GNSS receiver from technology leader NovAtel
- Klau 2-way active gimbal for DJIs M200 /M300 series enables the use of Sony cameras
- virtual reference station (VRS) or use own base station (rover)
- reference data in RINEX format
- KlauPPK software with DJI RTK systems available
- support of multi cameras / lenses
- coordinate transformation into a all available global national custom CRS
- KlauPPP-prime technology for most precise mapping world wide without reference station
- regional (EU) support for best results
Precise Drone Mapping
The key to accuracy in any mapping or 3D modelling project is control. This can be either GCPs (ground control points) visible in the photos, or camera locations, the precise point where each photo was taken.
Enabling your mapping data acquisition with accurate camera locations will reduce or eliminate the need for GCPs, saving on ground survey crew time and cost while increasing accuracy and reliability.
Accurate absolute 3D data capture on your UAV. Plug-and-play hardware installation, easy operation, sophisticated software and camera calibration methodology enable you to capture the best possible camera positioning data for repeatable and reliable mapping.
Simple Integration – Any UAV, Any Camera
Compatible with most UAVs and cameras, including DJI, the KlauPPK system enables you to fly your missions as you do now, but achieve far better results.The KlauPPK software applies sophisticated yet simple data management and processing to geotag photos with precise PPK positions, in any coordinate system.Some cameras can be supplied pre-calibrated while others will require our guided on-site calibration to achieve the best possible absolute results, including height.
Save time and money without spending hours in field. Blanket your entire site in aerial control points, improve efficiency with minimal site access while achieving the highest possible absolute mapping accuracy.
Placing GCPs (ground targets) is time consuming, expensive and not effective for large projects which need many well distributed ground targets to produce accurate mapping results. This typically takes much more time than the aerial data acquisition. Surveying GCPs can be a slow or sometimes impossible task and smart GCPs require time again to travel the site to be recovered after the flight.
The accuracy of a project is dependent on the distance from the GCPs and can deteriorate particularly with low quality non-metric cameras in UAVs. Photogrammetry processing time is longer with GCPs as they must be selected in the photos and the software works harder to determine the camera positions.
KlauPPK overcomes these pain points by removing the need to travel the entire site, improving logistics efficiencies, saving time and money to improve project profitability.
We do recommend that you include independent check points in your mapping to prove just how accurate KlauPPK positioning is.
Some Thoughts about GCPs
The absolute geolocation accuracy table shows the initial positioning accuracy of the image coordinates. Some suppliers provide misleading information and do not publish the absolute accuracy of the initial image positions. If image coordinates are not computed precisely or their accuracy is degraded as a result of RTK link interruption (see the right-hand table), then a few ground control points will be required to correct for this uncertainty.
The number of GCPs required depends on the surveyed area size. For example DJI suggests to use at least 3 GCPs with their P4RTK. Using the KlauPPK system on a P4P drone, unprecedented initial image positioning accuracy is achievable (see the left-hand table) thanks to the advanced hardware and software technology. This means the initial image coordinates are computed very precisely and there is no need to correct them using GCPs and/or collect additional overlapping images. Reliable, accurate initial image coordinates will contribute toward robust, precise and repeatable survey results with minimal or no ground control points required and a minimal number of images.
Adding KlauPPK post processing software to your DJI P4RTK drone will enable you to achieve more reliable and repeatable results without spending time in the field setting up a base-station or surveying ground control points.
KlauPPK Processing Software
Custom software to create accurate data for photogrammetry. KlauPPK software enables professional users to achieve the most accurate and reliable results with their P4RTK drone without running it in RTK mode. PPK does not require a real-time connection to the base. Not only does this save users the time in the field, but the data collected is complete, no losses due to communications links or range means better data quality, and as it is post-processed the solution is more rigorous than a real time RTK solution.
no survey equipment or smart GCPs required. DJI’s P4 RTK requires at least 3 GCPs to achieve the best possible accuracy (see more details). The KlauPPK software offers a proven, effective method which reduces this requirement to only a single GCP. Using the KlauPPK software, your drone can be used as a static survey equipment to collect any number of check or control points, reducing the field time and operational costs. You no longer need to place smart ground control control points or measure targets with survey equipment.
- integrated base station data KlauPPK software has seamlessly integrated both free and commercial CORS data sources in most parts of the world. This enables users to process their PPK data without having to set up a base station or search for the right data.
- 3D lever arm correction This feature brings even more precision to the computed results by modelling the 3D offset between the GPS antenna and the camera centre, or lever arm, which changes as the drone tilts in different directions, to determine the exact camera centre position for each photo.
- geoid and coordinate system support KlauPPK software converts the default WGS84 geographic coordinates from the DJI P4RTK to any published coordinate system and applies the geoid separation. Users can also add a new coordinate system, perform datum transformations and site localization to calculate accurate camera positions in their local site frame of reference.
- smart geotagging Computed high-accuracy camera positions with their horizontal and vertical accuracy values can be written to the image EXIF data, or to a text file with other survey report information. The accuracy values are applied in photogrammetry processing software, again helping to achieve the best possible results.
Dedicated, custom developed software for PPK post processing and extracting photo centres from post processed data.
- rigorous GNSS processing of each photo location
- export coordinates or write to EXIF
- supports custom coordinate systems and geoids
- simple methodology to calibrate camera
The KlauPPK processing software. A streamlined workflow to create accurate camera positioning data in any coordinate system. Free with your KlauPPK kit or ready-to-fly drone.
Your Choice of Desktop Software or Cloud Processing Service
Process your photogrammetry as you normally would with the software of your choice. Import the results from your PPK processing as a table of precise camera coordinates or the precise geo-tagged photos with the coordinates written to EXIF. Need photogrammetry software? Buy Agisoft Metashape from VIDEOGRAPHICS Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH including expert support (in EU) to get you up and running. Or use the 4DMapper cloud platform with access to Autodesk Recap Photo.
KlauPPP – the Leading Edge Technology of KLAU Geomatics.
Just fly your drone. Fly any distance, anywhere. You can navigate with real time cm level positioning, or geotag your mapping photos and Lidar data.You don’t need to think about setting up a base station or finding quality CORS data. You don’t need to be in range of a CORS station, you can fly autonomously, in remote areas, long corridors, unlimited range, it just works, giving you centimetre level accuracy, anywhere.
PPP has been around for many years. It is established technology used for decimetre positioning. Now, with the latest Terrastar-C Pro technology from NovAtel, 3 to 5 cm accuracy can be achieved, anywhere in the world, with no base station. KlauPPP leverages NovAtel’s industry leading technology to achieve this quantum leap in PPP accuracy. NovAtel PPP and KLAU Geomatics hardware/software system is now the simplest, most convenient and accurate positioning system for UAVs and manned aircraft. Accuracy of this order is suitable for many applications such as topographic survey and volume calculations for mines and quarries, and is very applicable to the emerging drone inspection industry, now starting to realize that absolute accuracy is essential to analyze change in 3D assets. This enables a parcel delivery drone to travel across a country and arrive exactly on it’s landing pad.No range limitations, no base station requirements or radio links. Highly accurate autonomous flight.